If you are already tired of tortilla and pan con tomate we bring you the 5 best tapas from Valencia you must absolutely try if you want to fully experience the local cuisine.
The 5 best tapas from Valencia you must try
- 1. Figatells, one of the best tapas you can only find in Valencia
- 2. Bravas potatoes (Patatas Bravas)
- 3. Clochinas. A variety of mussel you can only find in Valencia
- 4. Esgarraet, one of the best tapas you can only find in Valencia
- 5. Tellinas (Tellins)
1. Figatells, one of the best tapas you can only find in Valencia
A sort of meatball (colloquially known and Valencian burger). The more traditional version has sausage, spices, liver and pine nuts but the modern varieties include cuttlefish and are simply delicious.
2. Bravas potatoes (Patatas Bravas)
Patatas bravas are fried chopped potatoes with alioli sauce (with garlic) and brava sauce (with sweet and spicy paprika). They are a classic tapa and most bars serve them in Valencia.
The potatoes must be fried just before serving so they arrive to the table as crispy as they can get. The sauces slightly spicy.
- If you are looking for a place to stay on a budget Venecia Plaza Centro, a basic but functional hotel located right in the City Hall Square and just a short 3 minute walk from the tube and train stations. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel do not miss Palacio Vallier, a reconverted nineteenth century palace. Have a look here>
3. Clochinas. A variety of mussel you can only find in Valencia
While they are smaller than a mussel they also have much more flavour. The traditional recipe is simple, yet delicious – you steam them with pepper, lemon, garlic and bay leaves. They are only available from approximately May to August.
4. Esgarraet, one of the best tapas you can only find in Valencia
A cold salad made with red pepper, garlic, olive oil and cod all ripped to very small pieces.
5. Tellinas (Tellins)
A very small kind of shellfish, similar to cockles. They are generally cooked with garlic and lemon and they are delicious. You can only find them in summer.
- If you visit Valencia and want to eat a paella by the beach do not miss our favorite Paella restaurants!
- If you are in Valencia and want to see a bit of the countryside do not miss the Montanejos hot springs>
- You can check all the post we have about Valencia here>
- Are you vegetarian? Check out the 7 best Spanish Vegetarian tapas here>
- If you are planning to have a Paella on your trip to Spain check out the 10 things you need to know to enjoy it like a local>
Save money on your trip to try the best tapas from Valencia!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.