If you are planning to visit this mediterranean city, enjoying a paella is probably on the top of your list. Nothing compares to enjoying a local dish is the place the recipe is originally from. Picking a place should be much easier with this list with the best Valencia beach restaurants for Paella.
A drink in one hand, a paella on the table, and the sea in the background. Life does not get any better than this!
Valencia beach restaurants. The 3 best places for Paella
- Valencia beach restaurants right by the sand: La Alegría de la Huerta in La Malvarrosa.
- Paella in Valencia beach with a cool vibe. La Chipirona Playa in La Patacona.
- One of the best beach restaurants in Valencia: Arroceria L'Estribador in playa del Saler
- El Palmar, where it is originally from
- Important information if you are looking for paella by the coast in the city:
Valencia beach restaurants right by the sand: La Alegría de la Huerta in La Malvarrosa.
A personal favourite if you want to be right by the beach and you want to accompany your paella with some tapas. Their breaded calamari is legendary and their seasonal clochinas (Small mussels) and tellinas (Cockles) are not to be missed! You can check their menu here>
Paella in Valencia beach with a cool vibe. La Chipirona Playa in La Patacona.
Their list of starters is not as extensive in terms of options but their lovely space is a wonderful oasis in the middle of the beach. It has a relaxed younger vibe and a very interesting set menu for lunch on weekdays. Have a look here>
- If you are looking for a place to stay in Valencia on a budget Venecia Plaza Centro, a basic but functional hotel located right in the City Hall Square and just a short 3 minute walk from the tube and train stations. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel do not miss Palacio Vallier, a reconverted nineteenth century palace. Have a look here>
One of the best beach restaurants in Valencia: Arroceria L'Estribador in playa del Saler
A place made for special occasions. A bit more expensive than the previous ones on this list, this stunning location in the middle of the protected dunes of El Saler and offers top quality products with a magnificent view. You can have a look here >
El Palmar, where it is originally from
The village of El Palmar is located by the shore of Albulfera, a lake next to the sea in a natural park just 10 kilometers away from the city of Valencia. Surrounded by rice plantations and crops, this fishermans’ village is a unique place where time stands still.
Enjoying a paella is a must if you visit, and as a part of the experience, some restaurants (like this one) include a boat ride on the lake. They do them in the boats they used to use for fishing and they give you some insights on their techniques and the area. However, be aware the tours are normally in Spanish.
Important information if you are looking for paella by the coast in the city:
Malvarrosa and Patacona are the city beaches of Valencia.
Playa del Saler is located outside the city. You can get there on the 25 bus departing from Porta de la Mar in the city centre.
El Palmar is also outside the city. You can get there on the 24 bus also departing from Porta de la Mar.
Other popular choices for paella by the beach are La Pepica (opened in 1898 and believed to be the place where Hemingway enjoyed a paella) and Llevant.
If you want to eat a Paella in the most authentic way do not miss this post with 10 facts about paella you need to know to enjoy it like a local.
Save money on your trip to Spain to try the best beach restaurants in Valencia for Paella!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.