If you are visiting this lovely mediterranean city and have some time to spare and explore around have a look at the local’s 5 best day trips from Valencia.
The local’s favorite 5 best day trips from Valencia
- 1. A wine tour in Requena
- 2. An epic beach day trip from Valencia. Cala del Moraig
- 3. The best countryside day trip from Valencia. Montanejos
- 4. Sagunto, perfect for history lovers
- 5. Peñíscola and Morella. Two of the most beautiful villages around
- 6. Cala Granadella, another epic beach you can not miss
1. A wine tour in Requena
Leave Valencia behind for a day and head to explore the beautiful vineyards in Requena, a beautiful village famous for its wines.
It you want to save money you can just grab a train to Requena and find a winery (You can read about where we went here) or you can join an organized tour.
The tour below includes transport and will take you to two of the most famous wineries in Requena where you will enjoy tours and wine tastings. They will also give you some time to explore the village.
2. An epic beach day trip from Valencia. Cala del Moraig
Cala del Moraig is not only one of the wildest beaches you will find in Costa Blanca, but also one of the most beautiful.
The best way to get to Cala del Moraig is by car. There are parking facilities and, after parking, you will need to go on a little hike to get to the beach.
You can read about our visit here>
3. The best countryside day trip from Valencia. Montanejos
it is no secret we love this countryside spot. The village of Montanejos keeps a pretty epic secret: A river with hot springs. The landscape is absolutely stunning and swimming in the hot springs is a pretty unique experience.
4. Sagunto, perfect for history lovers
If you are into Roman ruins you can not miss this spot. Sagunto is very beautiful village easily reachable by train with a very well preserved Roman theater. The theater is still in use and during the summer you can attend plays on it. A pretty epic experience!
The area is also very well known for the hikes you can do in the surroundings of Sagunto castle.
You can just take a train to Sagunto from Valencia or alternatively join an organised tour like this one provided by Civitatis.>
- If you are looking for a place to stay on a budget Venecia Plaza Centro, a basic but functional hotel located right in the City Hall Square and just a short 3 minute walk from the tube and train stations. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel do not miss Palacio Vallier, a reconverted nineteenth century palace. Have a look here>
5. Peñíscola and Morella. Two of the most beautiful villages around
The stunning coastal town of Peñíscola is so picturesque it was featured in the famous TV series Game of Thrones. Medieval walls, a Templar Castle and a very peculiar fact: It was the residence of the Pope.
Morella is a medieval treasure with a very rich history and so much to discover. An Islamic fortress, a castle and a lovely atmosphere await!
You can rent a car yo get there or, if you would rather keep it easy, join a tour like the one below from Civitatis.
6. Cala Granadella, another epic beach you can not miss
One of the most epic beaches in the Mediterranean coast. Turquoise waters, an epic scenery and a couple of bars right on it.
It does however, get crowded very easily so if you want to visit avoid the peak of the summer and the weekends.
You can read about out visit here >>
- Looking for ideas for your trip to Valencia? Check out the 5 unusual things to do in Valencia to enjoy the city like a local>
- Check out how to get to Montanejos from Valencia (Including public transport) here>
- Traveling with kids? Check out 5 things to do in Valencia with kids that parents can enjoy too>
Save money on your trip to the best day trips from Valencia
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.