Seville is one of the most lively cities in Spain with one bar per every 180 inhabitants. Surprisingly enough, all of them manage to be crowded at all times. Check out the best tapas bars in Seville along with the tapa they are famous for.
The best tapas bars in Seville to put together your own cañas and tapas tour
First things first. What is a caña?
If you are not familiar with the concept of a “caña” you might as well learn by experience in Seville to enjoy to the fullest the best tapas bars.
A “caña” is a small beer serving size and the to-go way of having beers in Spain. This is mainly because it is so small you can have it quite quickly, and it does not get warm. With temperatures over 40 degrees Celsius in Seville in Summer, believe me, you do not want your beer any warmer than ice cold.
And there is no better way to enjoy a beer in Spain than with a tapa. So our next recommendation to fully enjoy Seville is with a little tour around the city bars.
El Rinconcillo. One of the best and the oldest tapas bar in Seville
This lovely place is not only the oldest bar of Seville but it also has a charming and authentic atmosphere. It was famous for being the go-to place for journalists, police, poets and prostitutes.
While all they offer is delicious, their most famous tapa is spinach with chickpeas (espinacas con garbanzos).
Calle Gerona 86
- If you are looking for a place to stay in Seville on a budget Pension Cordoba is in a beautifully restored building and it is very close to the main touristic places. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel check out Hotel Alfonso XIII built by a late king of Spain, with just one goal: to make it the best hotel in Europe. Have a look at this stunning place here>
Las Golondrinas, one of the best tapas bars with a lot of character
This family-owned restaurant has been serving tapas for more than 40 years. Their interior is quintessentially Spanish and their most famous creation is the sirloin steak served on bread (tapa de puntas de solomillo). Pretty epic if you ask us!
Calle Antillano Campos 26
Casa Ricardo and the best croquettes in Seville
With more than 100 years of history is the place with the most famous croquettes (Croquetas) in Seville. People from all over the world come here to try them.
Hernán Cortés 2
- If you need inspiration check the tapas you must try in Seville here>
- Do you want to get in the mood before going? Check out these 5 TV shows and movies filmed in Seville!>
Save money on your trip to enjoy the best tapas bars in Seville!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.