There is no doubt Game of Thrones is one of the biggest productions of all times. The TV will not be so epic without its unbelievably epic filming locations. Discover the Game of Thrones Seville locations in Spain you can not miss if you are a fan and visit this lovely Spanish city. Kings Landing, Dorne, Dragon Pit and more!
Game of Thrones Seville Locations. The 6 epic places you can not miss
1. Game of Thrones Seville Locations: The Royal Alcazar. The Gardens
The stunning garden of the Royal Alcazar is the location for the Water Gardens of Drone, where house Martell lives.
Many scenes take place on this garden, mostly featuring Myrcelle and the Prince of Dorne when they are engaged.
2. The Royal Alcazar. Maria de Pardilla Bathrooms
This location is the place where Ellaria Sand encouraged the Sand Snakes to rebel.
Do you need accommodation in Seville?
- If you are looking for a place to stay in Seville on a budget Pension Cordoba is located in a beautifully restored building and very close to the main touristic places. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel check out Hotel Alfonso XIII built by a late king of Spain, with just one goal: to make it the best hotel in Europe. Have a look here>
3. The Royal Alcazar. Hall of Ambassadors
This majestic hall is the place where Jamie Lannister and Bronn met with the Martells to negotiate the return of Myrcella to Kings Landing.
Is the famous scene in which Bronn gets punched in the face as a payback for hitting the Prince of Dorne.
4. Game of Thrones Seville Locations: Royal Shipyards
They filmed in them the dungeons of the Red Keep, in particular the area with the dragon skulls laying around.
As of 2022 they are closed and do not allow visitors.
5. Game of Thrones Seville Spain Locations: Italica
The most epic of the locations with no doubt. Italica is an archeological site located outside the city of Seville. The ruins belong to an old Roman city and they include temples, a theater, walls and and a coliseum.
In the amphitheater they filmed the Dragon Pit scenes of Game of Thrones. It is the place where everyone meets in the final seasons to decide what to do with the white walkers and where they decide who is to be king.
Visit this epic location in a half day organised trip !
6. The Royal Alcazar. The bullring of Osuna
One of the most epic scenes of Game of Thrones took place in the Osuna bullring. The mother of Dragons is saved in the last minutes by one of her dragons when she is ambushed by the Sons of the Harpy.
If you visit Seville in Spring or Summer chances are you are going to need one of this! Check out this lovely handmade fan in Amazon!
7. Extra. The hotel where they stayed during the filming
Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville was the basecamp for the cast during their time in Seville. It was built by a late king of Spain, Alfonso XII, with one goal: to make it the best hotel in Europe.
Its distinguished architecture, with moorish details are a beautiful example of Andalusian heritage and history.
Staying in the hotel is not for every budget but you are always welcome to have a drink al fresco in their moorish inner patio.
Save money on your trip to the Game of Thrones Seville Locations in Spain!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.