If you are a cinema lover and you are planning to visit Seville get yourself into the mood by watching the following movies and TV shows filmed in Seville, Spain.
5 Tv shows and movies filmed in Seville, Spain.
- 1. The most famous of the movies filmed in Seville, Spain: Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
- 2. The most epic TV show filmed in Seville, Spain: Game of Thrones (2011)
- 3. Films based in Seville: The Dictator (2012)
- 4. A classic film: Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
- 5. Kingdom of Heaven (2005)
1. The most famous of the movies filmed in Seville, Spain: Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
Princess Amidala (Natalie Portman), young Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) and R2D2 take a walk around Plaza de España, Naboo’s palace in the movie.
2. The most epic TV show filmed in Seville, Spain: Game of Thrones (2011)
Seville was chosen as the location of many scenes. The iconic Royal Alcazar (Real Alcázar de Sevilla) was Dorne’s Water Palace from season 5 onwards.
You can spot areas of the Royal Alcazar in episodes 5×02, 5×06, 5×07, 5×09 and 6×01.
However, the most spectacular filming location of the Games of Thrones in Seville is Italica.
Italica was a prominent city in Roman times and its ruins are a short 20 minute drive from Seville. They were the filming location for Dragonpit, the house of the Targaryen dragons.
If you want to keep it easy you can join a tour to Italica from Seville
3. Films based in Seville: The Dictator (2012)
Plaza de España was featured in this political satire comedy starring Sacha Baron Cohen. It was the governor’s palace.
4. A classic film: Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
One of the most famous movies of all time, and winner of seven academy awards. Seville was the filming location for many cities represented in the movie such as Cairo, Jerusalem or Damascus.
Locations included: Plaza de España, Pilato’s House and the Royal Alcazar.
- If you are looking for a place to stay in Seville on a budget Pension Cordoba is located in a beautifully restored building and very close to the main touristic places. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel check out Hotel Alfonso XIII built by a late king of Spain, with just one goal: to make it the best hotel in Europe. Have a look here>
5. Kingdom of Heaven (2005)
Pilato’s House and the Royal Alcazar were the filming location to represent King Baldwin’s Palace in Jerusalem.
Is not without reason there are so many movies filmed in Seville. It has become one of the most popular filming locations in Spain.
Consequently, once you take a walk around the city’s impressive landmarks, you will also feel like you are traveling to magical lands.
Save money on your trip to Spain to visit the locations of the Tv shows and movies filmed in Seville!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.