Sun, some of most edgy architecture in the world and the best paella in the world make this Mediterranean a wonderful destination. If you visit this lively city make sure you check out the top 10 things to see in Valencia, Spain.
Top 10 things to see in Valencia, Spain
Top things to see in the city center of Valencia, Spain
1. Things to see in Valencia: Cathedral and Miguelete
Located in the Virgin Square (Plaza de la Virgen), one of the most charming places in the city.
2. Plaza del Ayuntamiento or City Hall Square
The city hall square is where the main Fallas events like the mascletas are held. It has some beautiful buildings like Correos.
3. Torres de Serrano or Serrano Towers
They once protected the city, and now, if you dare scaling them, you will enjoy some wonderful views of the city.
4. Queen’s square (Plaza de la Reina)
Located between the Plaza del Ayuntamiento and Plaza de la Virgen, it is a perfect spot to enjoy a traditional ice cream with a view of the Cathedral.
This free tour of the city centre will take you around the most important places.
5. Mercado Central or Central Market, one of the most local things to see in Valencia, Spain
Not only the building is beautiful but you can also get your groceries and enjoy some quick tapas while soaking up the daily Valencian life. We have a post with the best tapas to try in Valencia if you want to have a look!
6. El Carmen, a lively neighbourhood to see in Valencia
The old part of the city is also one of the most charming neighbourhoods with a very lively night life.
- If you are looking for a place to stay on a budget Venecia Plaza Centro, a basic but functional hotel located right in the City Hall Square and just a short 3 minute walk from the tube and train stations. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel do not miss Palacio Vallier, a reconverted nineteenth century palace. Have a look here>
Top things you must see in other areas of Valencia
7. City of Arts and Sciences, a must see place in Valencia and Spain
The most famous landmark in Valencia. There is a science museum, an IMAX cinema, an aquarium, an opera house, and even a club!
8. Malvarrosa beach
The urban beach of the city of Valencia is the perfect place to enjoy a paella and some tapas by the sun all year long.
9. Things to see in Valencia: Jardin del Turia or Turia Gardens
Once, a river crossed the city of Valencia. However, to avoid floods if was diverted and now the former river is one of the most beautiful urban gardens you can find.
And if you have the time check out this location outside the city
10. La Albufera, a very special place to see in Valencia, Spain
This protected lake is located outside the city of Valencia and you can enjoy here some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world.
If you do not want to navigate the Spanish public transport system you can join an organised day trip here.
Other things to see in the city
- Lonja de la Seda
- Ceramics Museum
- Fine Arts Museum
- El Cabanyal
- Bioparc, the immersive zoo
- Quart Towers
- The neighbourhood of Ruzafa for the best atmosphere for dinner.
- The Benimaclet square and surrounding area (Make sure to check the Trencadis house)
Save money on your trip to check all the things to see in Valencia, Spain!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.