If you are visiting this stunning Spanish city and fancy doing something else apart from the cool but most popular touristic spots we bring you 5 unusual things to do in Barcelona.
5 Unusual things do to in Barcelona to experience the city like a local
- 1. Lunch in a place filled with history. Els Cuatre Gats
- 2. Unusual things to do in Barcelona: A free Modernist tour
- 3. Panoramic views from Santa Maria del Mar
- 4. Unusual things to do in Barcelona. The best view from the oldest theme park
- 5. Cool things to do in Barcelona: The Ice Bar
1. Lunch in a place filled with history. Els Cuatre Gats
In the golden years of Modernism in Catalonia, in the XIX century, Els Cuatre Gats was the place to be if you wanted to discuss everything artsy. The first Picasso exhibit took place here in 1900 and other regulars included Antoni Gaudí.
Now it is a restaurant. You can book online, while it is not cheap they offer a set up menu (Menu del día) for lunch Tuesday to Friday that costs 19€ per person and includes a starter, a main, dessert and a drink.
2. Unusual things to do in Barcelona: A free Modernist tour
If you are an architecture fan and love Gaudi this free tour will take you through the heart of the Catalan Modernisme movement in Barcelona. Discover the most famous modernist buildings and enjoy the very peculiar designs.
3. Panoramic views from Santa Maria del Mar
If you are a reader do not miss Cathedral of the Sea, a historical fiction novel that tells the story of the construction of Santa Maria del Mar, a very unique church in Barcelona.
It is a brilliant experience to visit it after reading the book, but you can also purchase a ticket to visit both the church and the terraces to enjoy some epic views of Barcelona.
4. Unusual things to do in Barcelona. The best view from the oldest theme park
If you are looking for something different to do in Barcelona grab the funicular (A return cost less than 8€ and you can get it from Plaza del Dr. Andreu) and get to Tibidabo, the mountain where you will enjoy the best views in town.
Upon arrival to the top you will find Sagrado Corazon, a stunning church. From its steps you will enjoy some of the best panoramic views in town.
You will also find the oldest theme park in town, Parque de Atracciones del Tibidabo. As the oldest, it is old fashion, so do not expect very modern rides.
If you decide to go the Funicular ride to get to Tibidabo mountain is included in the ticket. You can get a limited entry ticket that will allow you to get the Funicular and use the rides in the emblematic rides like the carrusel and the wheel, both with epic views of Barcelona for 19€. You can check it in their website.
5. Cool things to do in Barcelona: The Ice Bar
If you are looking for something different why not paying a visit to the IceBarcelona? It sounds very appetising, specially in the peak of summer!
In 2022 the ice sculptures recreate famous cinema characters from movies but every year they change the theme so you always have something new to see.
If you visit please note tickets are cheaper if you purchase them in advanced. They include a drink and you can get them in their web.
Save money on your trip to Spain to experience all the cool unusual things to do in Barcelona!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.