If you need inspiration for your visit, we have 10 things to see in Segovia to fully enjoy this charming city. The most important places to see and the experiences you can not miss!
Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and located near Madrid, the wonderful city of Segovia has everything you could dream of for a trip to inland Spain: Roman ruins, epic castles, medieval walls and a food scene with some Spanish delicacies you will forever remember…
10 Things to see in Segovia to fully enjoy inland Spain
1. The most epic thing to see in Segovia: the Aqueduct
The most iconic landmark in Segovia is, by all means, the Aqueduct built by the Romans more than 2,000 years ago.
2. Enjoy the most famous food speciality from Segovia: sucking pig
People from all over Spain travel to Segovia for just one reason: they do the best sucking pig in the country.
The piglet is slow roasted in a wood oven and, in order to prove how tender it is, it is common for the maitre to cut it with a plate instead of with a knife. We tell you about our favourite places in this post.
3. An amazing place to see: The Alcázar of Segovia
Home of Kings and Queens in the past, the Alcazar castle is one of the landmarks that inspired the Disney World Castle (along with the one in Neuschwanstein, Germany).
- If you are looking for a place to stay on a budget Hotel Don Felipe is located near the Cathedral and some of their rooms have lovely views of the countryside or the Alcazar Castle. Have a look here>
- If you can spend a bit more Eurostars Plaza Acueducto is right in the city centre, and has a stunning view of the aqueduct!. Have a look here>
4. Capture the view from the Mirador de la Pradera de San Marcos
This prairie, located on the grounds of the church of San Marcos has one of the most scenic views of the Alcazar castle. It is the definitive picnic spot.
5. Iglesia de la Vera Cruz
This lovely church was built in the days of the crusades and it was designed like the church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
6. Plaza Mayor, the main square you have to see
The main square of the city. It was the coronation place of Isabel la Católica as Queen of Castile in 1474.
7. Cathedral of Segovia
Known as the Dame of the Cathedrals for its size and elegance this gothic building was built in the 16th century.
8. Things to see in Segovia: Check out the peculiar Casa de los Picos
A peculiar building that was originally a mansion, but today is an art school. Its main feature is the facade with more than 600 pyramid shaped bricks. If you have a chance you can also check out the courtyard.
9. Casa Museo Antonio Machado
If you are a poetry fan you can not miss this spot. The poet lived in this pension from 1919 to 1931 and everything remains as it was when he inhabited the place.
10. Turn your visit into an epic experience with an hot air balloon ride
If you want to turn your visit into an epic experience have a look at this hot air balloon ride. It is an unforgettable experience that will offer you the best views of the UNESCO World Heritage city! Have a look here >
Important information if you visit Segovia
Save money on your trip to experience all the things to see in Segovia!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.