If you are wondering what to do with kids in this sunny mediterranean city we bring you 5 things to do with kids in Valencia that they will love, while the parents enjoy themselves too.
5 Things to do with kids in Valencia that parents can enjoy too
1. What to do in Valencia with kids? Horchatería Vida: Birds, playgrounds and a piece of history.
Located in the middle of the Valencian crops, this place represents the essence of the origins of Valencia.
Horchata is a sweet and refreshing drink only available in Summer. It is made out of a local nut and it is served with “Fartons”, a long doughnut for you to dip in it.
Horchatería Vida is a traditional place to enjoy this drink as fresh as it gets and they collect the nuts from their own crops.
The place has a playground, peacocks, chickens and an outdoorsy vibe to entertain the little ones.
Pro tip: Take the tube to Alboraya-Peris Aragó and walk from there through the crops. it takes 15 min.
2. Gulliver Park: The ultimate playground
Never have we ever seen a playground so fun for children and adults alike.
Inspired by the book “Gulliver’s Travels” the slides of this playground are carved into Gulliver himself. And the slides are wild.
Do not be surprised if you see crowds of parents at the playground using their children as an excuse to have a go at the slides themselves.
Pro tip: Entrance is free and fun is guaranteed.
3. Ubik Cafe: A drink for the parents, a library for parents.the kids.
This place is somewhere between a coffee place and a bar, and still has a dedicated area for kids to read and play.
They also hosts events frequently such as storytelling, concerts and many other cultural activities.
Have a coffee, read a book or just enjoy a drink while the little ones chill in their library in this place visited by culture seekers, poets, parents and young people alike.
Pro tip: Check the opening times before going.
- If you are looking for a place to stay in Valencia on a budget Venecia Plaza Centro, a basic but functional hotel located right in the City Hall Square and just a short 3 minute walk from the tube and train stations. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel do not miss Palacio Vallier, a reconverted nineteenth century palace. Have a look here>
4. Our favourite thing to do with kids in Valencia: Malvarrosa beach, enjoy a paella while the kids play in the sand.
Malvarrosa is the local beach in Valencia and a great place for the kids to burn some energy as there are several playground, volleyball nets and sun loungers.
As you have many restaurants right by the beach you can enjoy a Paella with a sea view and still be able to keep an eye on the kids if they are playing in the sand.
Pro tip: One of our favorite places for a Paella is La Alegría de la Huerta. Make sure to book and ask for table right by the sand like in the picture.
5. Things to do in Valencia with kids: Parque de Cabecera: Feed the ducks, have a picnic and ride a swan!
This huge green space is located at the end of the Turia Gardens and it is full of playgrounds and green outdoor areas to enjoy.
There is a lake in which you can rent a swan pedal boat, feed the ducks or just enjoy a picnic by the shore.
Other things to do with kids in Valencia
- Bioparc: Experience this place, somewhere between a zoo and a safari. They have made a huge effort to create realistic habitats for the animals. It a really fun day for adults and kids alike!. You can get your ticket here>
- Oceanographic: The largest aquarium and the longest underwater tunnel in Europe. You can get your ticket from 31€ here.
- Science Museum: Located in the stunning surroundings of the City or Arts and Sciences the museum has activities for kids. As adults, however, we were quite disapointed. If you have to choose, the Oceanographic is more fun. You can get your ticket here.
Save money on your trip to Valencia with kids
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.