Over 3000 hours of sunshine a year, a coast with two seas, an amazing countryside and one of the most interesting foods in Spain are just some of the reasons why you should visit the Region of Murcia. If you need more convincing we bring you 5 amazing places to visit near Murcia, the capital city.
5 amazing places to visit near Murcia
- 1. Santuario de la Fuensanta, an amazing church to visit near near Murcia
- 2. Cristo de Monteagudo, an amazing place to visit in Murcia
- 3. Jumilla, the wine area in the Murcia Region
- 4. The beautiful city of Cartagena and its Roman theatre, a place near Murcia full of history
- 5. The Calblanque Natural Park
Places to visit near the city of Murcia
1. Santuario de la Fuensanta, an amazing church to visit near near Murcia
Located a mere 15 minute drive from the Murcia city centre, the Santuario de la Fuensanta is one of the most beautiful churches and home to the Patron of the Region, the Fuensanta Virgin.
You will find it in a forest and the location is perfect to enjoy some panoramic views of the city of Murcia from afar.
Places to visit in the Countryside
2. Cristo de Monteagudo, an amazing place to visit in Murcia
Not many people know the biggest Christ sculpture in Spain is in Murcia. While people compare it to the Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, it is actually half its size.
3. Jumilla, the wine area in the Murcia Region
While not as well known as others, there are wonderful wines in the region in Murcia. The area of Jumilla not only has some wonderful medieval looking villages but also it is surrounded by vineyards.
Our favorite red from Jumilla is Juan Gil.
Things to do in the coast
4. The beautiful city of Cartagena and its Roman theatre, a place near Murcia full of history
If you head to the coast stopping by Cartagena is a must. The city has more than 2500 years of history, with some epic roman ruins like its theatre and a wonderful city centre.
5. The Calblanque Natural Park
Save money on your trip to visit this amazing places in the Region of Murcia
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.