If you are visiting this stunning city and want to get inspired before your trip do not miss these 6 movies filmed in Barcelona.
6 Movies filmed in Barcelona to watch before your trip
1. The Cheetah Girls 2: When in Spain
A musical by Disney Channel. A musical band intents to rehearse in New York all summer but one of them has to travel to Spain. They decide to join and end up taking part in a musical contest in Spain.
You will see many locations in the movie much as, Plaza del Rey, Park Güell or Montjüic.
2. Movies filmed in Barcelona: All About my Mother by Pedro Almodovar
In Oscar winner movie All About My Mother, when Manuela, a single mum loses his son she decides to travel to Barcelona to let the father know.
A movie filled with great Spanish actresses like Penelope Cruz in which you will recognize locations such as the Palau de la Música or the Montjüic cementery.
3. Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona
A movie full of Hollywood stars such as Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem and Scarlett Johansson. A comedy with Barcelona as a playground that got Penelope Cruz an Oscar for her performance.
4. Movies filmed in Barcelona: A Tres metros sobre el Cielo
One of the most successful Spanish movies. A Rom Com filmed in epic spots in Barcelona such as the Razzmatazz club, the port, the Vallcarca bridge, the Ciutadella park and the Bar Tower.
- In Barcelona, we normally stayed in Hotel Prisma, but it seems it has changed ownership. It is now called Casual Colours Barcelona. Looks way nicer and it is an easy 10 minute walk from the station.
5. Movies filmed in Barcelona: The Perfume
Based on the best seller by Patrick Süsking the movie was partially filmed in Barcelona to represent the streets of the XVIII century.
The scenes where filmed in Plaza Mayor del Poble Espanyol. You will recognize it in the first scene of the film, where the killer is taken to the city hall balcony and towards the end, when the execution takes place.
6. Mientras Duermes
A thriller and a must Spanish movie. We can not tell you much without spoilers so we will just say the film is based in Barcelona and if you like suspense in a movie this one is a must watch.
Save money on your trip to Spain to discover the movies filmed in Barcelona
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.