Located in Costa Cálida, Mar Menor is a unique in the world coastal saltwater lagoon. It has been a travel destination for Spanish people for generations, going back to a time where the only option was to camp. If you are planning a trip to the area find here the main Mar Menor towns along with what they are famous for.
Which of the towns in Mar Menor is best for me?
- Suitable for both families and people looking for a night out
- Population during the year 16.935
- Estimated population in summer 60.000
- 7 km of beaches
- Area with clubs and bars in Avenida Marquéz de Rozalejo
- There is a golf course in the town
- Virgen de la Asunción celebrations August 15th. Parade in the village and pilgrimage on the sea
- Last two weeks of August. Semana de la Huerta. Pop up restaurants with local food in Las Ramblas.
Lo Pagan, a good option if you want a younger vibe
- Suitable for families and people looking for a night out
- Population during the year 3.458
- Estimated population in summer 12.000
- 1,3 km of beaches
- The area with bars and clubs is called La Curva
- Nearby the Salinas Regional Park (Salt flats)
- Therapeutic mud baths area
- Virgen del Carmen celebrations on the 16h of July
We always book our hotels and apartments in Booking.com. Their customer service is great and most places let you book with free cancellation!
Santiago de la Ribera, a village for families
- Family oriented
- Population during the year 8.550
- Estimated population in summer 30.000
- 4 km of beaches
- First Saturday of August. Summer Carnival
- San Javier Jazz festival last 2 weeks of July
- San Juan bonfires on the 23rd of June
- Virgen del Carmen celebration on the 16h of July
La Manga, the most unique of the Mar Menor towns
- Suitable for families but with a young lively vibe
- Population during the year 2.227
- Estimated population in summer 200.000
- 22 km of beaches
- You can access beaches in the Mar Menor side and the open Mediterranean in the other side
- Nearby the Calblanque Natural Park with some of the best beaches in Murcia
- Nearby Cabo de Palos, one of the biggest destination for diving in Murcia
Save money on your trip to any of the Mar Menor towns!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.