If you have already visited the beaches and are looking for the local’s favorite spots for a dip in the ocean we bring you the 3 Lanzarote Natural Pools you can not miss in the island.
3 Lanzarote Natural Pools you can not miss if you like the ocean
1. Los Charcones
Not one but an area with different pools. Probably the most scenic and famous ones in the island.
You will not have facilities or sand to lay down, it is fully volcanic rocks so it does not make a comfortable place to spend the whole day.
Special shoes like the ones below will make it much easier to get in an out.
Spending all day will probably get uncomfortable but the place is beautiful to stop by for a dip and some pictures.
You can only get there by car via a dirt road. It takes 5 minutes from the nearby village of Playa Blanca.
There are many pools. The water during the high tide fills them. It is best to visit in low tide as they will be more visible.
Do you need accommodation in Lanzarote?
- If you want to stay in a local village to get a taste of the local life we stayed in a lovely family run boutique hotel with breakfast in Yaiza. Check it out here>
- If you would rather stay in a touristic area we also stayed in Costa Teguise in a lovely fully equipped new apartment with an epic swimming pool. Have a look here>
2. Punta Mujeres Natural swimming pools
The fishing village of Punta Mujeres is a lovely area in which you will find mostly locals. Their natural swimming pool is very well looked after and has facilities, like stairs to get in comfortably.
However, the best thing about this place is not that is one of the best Lanzarote natural pools. The pool is just in front of one of our favorite restaurants in the island, Bar La Piscina el Pichon. (You can read about our visit here)
If you like fish and seafood you can not miss this great spot for local homemade food. The scallops and the tuna tatami are two of their specialities we order every time we come round.
As the pool is in the village you do not need a car. You can get to Punta Mujeres taking a public transport bus from Arrecife, Orzola and Teguise among others.
3. Charco del Palo, the nudist natural pool in Lanzarote
Located in a very unique naturist village named the same, Charco del Palo. The area makes a great spot for a dip and a relaxing day as long as you are comfortable being surrounded by people with next to no clothes at all.
Unlike other pools in the island, you will find white sand around to lay your towel comfortably.
You will either need a car to get here or organize transport as the village is not really well connected via public transport.
- If you visit Lanzarote check out the 7 foods you must try here>
- You can read more interesting posts about Lanzarote here >
Save money on your trip to visit the Lanzarote natural pools!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.