If you find yourself in the island and are wondering what to eat we bring you the best Lanzarote foods to try to experience the local cuisine.
What to eat in Lanzarote? The best Lanzarote foods you must try in the island
- 1. Limpets or Lapas with mojo
- 2. Fresh fish, a basic of the Lanzarote foods
- 3. What to eat in Lanzarote? Octopus with green mojo or Pulpo con mojo verde
- 4. Wrinkled potatoes with mojo sauce or Papas con Mojo, the most typical food from Lanzarote and all the Canary Islands
- 5. Lanzarote wines
- 6. The most homemade of the Lanzarote foods: Garbanzas or chickpea stew
- 7. Barraquito coffee
1. Limpets or Lapas with mojo
Some sort of a mussel-like shellfish, but chewier and more meaty. They are cooked and serve with mojo sauce.
2. Fresh fish, a basic of the Lanzarote foods
As fresh as it gets. Some local fishes include sama, tuna, hake, grouper, croaker and eel. It might be served grilled, fried or cooked in the oven. The sides normally include potatoes with mojo.
Do you need accommodation in Lanzarote?
- If you want to stay in a local village to get a taste of the local life we stayed in a lovely family run boutique hotel with breakfast in Yaiza. Check it out here>
- If you would rather stay in a touristic area we also stayed in Costa Teguise in a lovely fully equipped new apartment with an epic swimming pool. Have a look here>
3. What to eat in Lanzarote? Octopus with green mojo or Pulpo con mojo verde
This one is one of our favourite tapas of all time. The octopus is grilled and served with mojo sauce. Simple yet delicious!
4. Wrinkled potatoes with mojo sauce or Papas con Mojo, the most typical food from Lanzarote and all the Canary Islands
A classic in all the Canary Islands. New potatoes boiled and roasted so the surface wrinkles served with mojo sauce.
5. Lanzarote wines
The unique area of La Geria produces very interesting wines in volcanic soil. The most famous one is the malvasia white on the sweet side of the whites.
6. The most homemade of the Lanzarote foods: Garbanzas or chickpea stew
A very homey food specialty. The chickpeas are cooked with potatoes, red peppers, onions, chorizo, bacon and other meats, depending on the recipe. Very filling an intense!
7. Barraquito coffee
A coffee specialty you only find in the Canary Islands. The coffee is mixed with condensed milk, liquor, lemon and cinnamon. A very sweet end to a meal!
Save money on your trip to Spain to try the best Lanzarote foods!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.