If you visit this wonderful island and are looking for the best things to do we bring you the 10 places to visit in Gran Canaria to experience the island to its fullest.
10 Places to visit in Gran Canaria to fully experience the island
1. Visit the capital Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
The two main things to visit in the capital are the old city centre, Vegueta, with its cathedral and lovely roads and the urban beach, Las Canteras, a perfect spot for lunch.
2. Best things to do in Gran Canaria. Visit the dunes in Maspalomas
A unique landscape in the island, a natural reservoir that will make you feel you are in the Sahara desert.
They are located right by the most touristic area of the island, Maspalomas and Playa del Inglés, where you will find lots of apartments and lovely beaches.
3. Mogan, the most beautiful village
A small fishermen village famous for its beautiful white houses with very colorful hints of colors.
4. Gran Canaria places to visit: Roque Nublo
A very peculiar rock formation in the centre of the island with amazing views of the surrounding countryside. You can check it out from the viewpoint La Goleta or hike to it.
Nearby the Roque Nublo you will find one of the most beautiful villages of the countryside, Tejeda, with amazing views of all the valley.
Do you need accommodation in Gran Canaria?
- If you want to stay in the capital this lovely hotel in Las Canteras beach has a rooftop bar with epic views. It is also located walking distance to Parque Santa Catalina where you can take buses to the south of the island. Rooms from 59€. Check it out in Booking.com here>
- If you would rather stay in the south we loved this all inclusive with Mediterranean vibes and an epic pool!. Check it out in Booking.com here>
Agaete is a lovely village located in the north featuring white houses with blue accents and famous for its natural swimming pools and beaches. It is lovely to dip in the sea, have a stroll around and have fresh fish by the seaside.
7. The market in Teror
Teror is a beautiful village in the countryside beautiful for two things: The market that pops up every Sunday and Chorizo de Terror, a spread you normally have on a baguette with cheese.
8. Gran Canaria places to visit: Arucas
Located in the north of the island this town is famous for its stunning black cathedral and for being the home of the factory of the local rum: Arehucas, where you can do tastings and guides tours.
9. The carnival
The main festivity you will encounter on the island is the carnival, celebrated for more than 500 years. You will find song contests, Drag Queen contests, street parties, parades and a great atmosphere.
10. Amadores and Anfi del Mar
If you want to spend the day in some lovely paradisiacal beaches you can Amadores and Anfi del Mar will not disappoint you. White sand, turquoise waters and a touristic beach vibe.
Save money on your trip to enjoy the 10 places to visit in Gran Canaria!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.