Hidden away in the old America’s Cup port exists a low-key restaurant people from all over Valencia visits when they have some cash to spend and a taste for fresh product from the sea. Welcome to the best fish restaurant in Valencia, Bar Cantina la Lonja del Pescado.
The best fish restaurant in Valencia. Bar Cantina la Lonja del Pescado
Bar Cantina la Lonja del Pescado
Very simple, somehow familiar, the place looks like more like a bar than a fine seafood dining place. However, do not be fooled, the decor might not be breathtaking, but the food will make you quickly forget.
As the surroundings will not impress you, especially the interior, we recommend you visit on a warm – but not too hot – day, and sit on their terrace.
While their staff is friendly, the service is casual, even a bit messy and slow at times. But remember you are here for the freshest fish and seafood in town, not to make friends, so we recommend you get a nice cold drink upon arrival and be patient.
- If you are looking for a place to stay on a budget Venecia Plaza Centro, a basic but functional hotel located right in the City Hall Square and just a short 3 minute walk from the tube and train stations. Have a look here>
- If what you need is a special occasion hotel do not miss Palacio Vallier, a reconverted nineteenth century palace. Have a look here>
The food at the best fish restaurant in Valencia
The product is the star of the show. The fish and seafood is as fresh as it gets. Their menu is a mix of tapas from the sea, fish tartars and carpaccio, and some rices.
While they have paellas we do not recommend them here, if you fancy some rice, best to opt for a meloso, which is close to a risotto.
They have a menu that constantly changes as many products are seasonal and they only work with fresh produce. Checking what they have available off the menu is always a good idea.
We have a thing for raw fish, so our favourite dishes include the tuna tartar and whatever carpaccio they have off the menu.
Regardless if you like raw fish or not, everything we have tried from this place has always been delicious. The octopus is lovely, the fried fish crispy and delicious, and the sepia and calamari are pretty epic too.
Location and bookings for Bar Cantina la Lonja del Pescado, the best fish restaurant in Valencia
The restaurant is located a bit out of the way, in the old America’s Cup port. Walking from La Malvarrosa beach will take you around 20 minutes.
You can also take the tram (to Grau – Canyamelar) and walk. It will just take you 15 minutes.
Booking is strongly recommended, especially on weekends. You will need to call as they have no website. Please note they only open for lunch.
- If you are in Valencia do not miss our post with our favourite places for a Paella here>
- Check out here the 5 best day trips from Valencia picked by locals>
- You can check all the post we have about Valencia here>
- Looking for ideas for your trip to Valencia? Check out the 5 unusual things to do in Valencia to enjoy the city like a local>
Save money on your trip to the best fish restaurant in Valencia, Bar Cantina la Lonja del Pescado!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.