If you find yourself in the city and are wondering where to eat in Las Palmas on a budget we bring you 3 cheap restaurants to grab some local tapas without hurting your pocket!
Where to eat in las Palmas on a budget? 3 cheap restaurants as local as they get
1. Pachichi, a very cheap restaurant in Las Palmas for tapas
If you want to immerse yourself in the local vibe this is the place for you. Located in between Plaza Farray and Las Canteras, Bodegon Pachichi is very well known among locals.
It has a very unique local Canarian charm. Their tapas are very simple, affordable and must haves in the island.
We recommend the cheese with mojo, the classic patatas arrugadas (wrinkled potatoes) and the chorizos del infierno (Chopped chorizos that they cook with fire in front of you).
All must come along with some local Pan Bizcochado, a crispy bread loaf you are supposed to punch against the table so it breaks into smaller pieces.
Traditionally, you will wash down your feast with a “biberon” of local beer Tropical, a big bottle to be shared for the table.
- The place only opens for dinner and it gets busy, so either book a table or get there 5 minutes before they open to get in the queue for one.
- Open Tuesday to Saturday from 8pm
- C. los Martínez de Escobar, 51, 35007 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas
2. Where to eat in Las Palmas on a budget? El Ñoño, an institution in the best location
- They have plenty tables outside but if you are visiting on a sunny weekend it is likely that you will need to queue to get one.
- Av. Apolinario, 19, 35010 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas
Do you need accommodation in Gran Canaria?
- If you want to stay in the capital this lovely hotel in Las Canteras beach has a rooftop bar with epic views. It is also located walking distance to Parque Santa Catalina where you can take buses to the south of the island. Rooms from 59€. Check it out in Booking.com here>
- If you would rather stay in the south we loved this all inclusive with Mediterranean vibes and an epic pool!. Check it out in Booking.com here>
3. Cheap restaurants in Las Palmas: Bochinche Los Jamones
An institution in the neibourhood of La Isleta, at the end of las Canteras beach. This bar is as local as it gets, and while we have seen some foreigners every now and then, the atmosphere has remain quite local and peculiar.
The place has no tables, just a bar with stools. The menu is simple, yet great for a bite. Cheese, serrano ham and a portion of tortilla are our favorites, washed down with a caña (Aka small glass) of the draft beer.
They normally give you crispy bread and peanuts to go with it. This bar is not for everyone but if you enjoy a local vibe this is it!
- Opens Wednesday to Sundays. Wednesdays they are not opened for lunch.
- No bookings required.
- C. Luján Pérez, 62, 35009 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas
Save money on your trip to enjoy all the cheap restaurants in Las Palmas!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.