If you are brave enough to go for the hike, your efforts will be rewarded with one of the most spectacular places in Spain. Welcome to Cala del Moraig beach, a playa in Javea.
Cala del Moraig beach, the wildest playa of Javea
The very epic Cala del Moraig beach
Somewhere in between Moraira and Javea, hidden by the cliffs, exists a turquoise beach that will blow your mind away.
Cala del Moraig is not only one of the wildest beaches you will find in Costa Blanca, but also one of the most beautiful.
The walk to get there alone will amaze you. While you walk downhill you will enjoy some jaw-dropping views of the beach from above.
While you get closer, your excitement will grow. What looks like turquoise waters from afar is nothing but some of the most crystalline waters of the Mediterranean.
The left area of the beach is for nudists so, if you are promenading by the shore be aware you might encounter some dangling surprises.
When to visit Playa del Moraig
We strongly suggest you visit either in Spring or September, when the weather is warm but the beaches are not too crowded.
Avoid visiting in the peak of Summer as the cala is a very popular destination for locals. It will get full as early as 9:30 am.
Please note it is a pebble beach and while but you can lie down comfortably on a towel, special shoes are recommended to get into the sea.
How to get to the beach
The best way to get to Cala del Moraig is by car.
Cala Moraig is, however, not for everyone, as, while the walk to get there is a short 10-minute walk downhill, the uphill hike back to the car is a completely different story!
However, during the Summer months, there is a bus service from the parking area to the beach to spare you the walk uphill in the strong heat.
If driving is not an option during the weekends of July and August, there is a bus service to the beach from Poble Nou de Benitatxell.
Where to stay if you are visiting Cala del Moraig beach in Javea
The place is quite a remote location, with not many accommodation options nearby. We decided to stay in the village Poble Nou de Benitatxell. It is close to all the amenities and you can drive to the Cala, it only takes 15 minutes.
We stayed in this two bedroom apartment that had everything we needed, including some lovely views from the balcony to transform your morning coffee into an epic experience. >>
If you stay in the area do not miss the nearby Granadella beach, we visited them both from the apartment.
Useful information when visiting Cala del Moraig beach in Javea
- If you need a transfer from the Airport, Civitatis offers a private service from 32€. Check it out here>>
- For information on the bus routes from Benitatxell, contact Benitatxell Tourist Info here >>
- If you decide to visit in the peak of the Summer, booking might be required for parking space as the beach has limited capacity. In 2020 it was made via “AparcarE”. Contact Benitatxell Tourist Info for more details.
- There used to be a beach bar in Cala del Moraig. When we visited in Spring 2021 it wasn’t there. Make sure you bring all the drinks and food you may need as there are no services.
Save money on your trip to Cala del Moraig beach in Javea!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.