We will take care of your night so you do not have to worry about finding the best restaurant in Ciutadella. The only place you can not leave the island of Menorca without visiting: Cafe Balear, in Ciutadella.
The best restaurant in Ciutadella. A night in Cafe Balear
Cafe Balear, Cuitadella. A place with history in Menorca
Located in the Ciutadella’s port, Cafe Balear is an institution in the area since it opened in the 70s as a mere tavern.
Nowadays, however, it is not just a tavern but the loveliest restaurant in Ciutadella.
Their terrace is so close to the water you will see the fish swimming while you enjoy your dinner. And if that is not special enough, you will also get a stunning view of the Cathedral from your table.
To say their products are top quality is an understatement as what you are served is in fact as fresh as it gets! The Rosa Santa Primera is their boat, and it brings in the fresh catch every morning.
If you are a seafood or fish lover this place will make your wildest dreams come true.
- If you are looking for a place to stay in Menorca on a budget Hostal Sa Posada Set Cales, in Ciutadella’s city centre, has been recently renovated. Have a look here>
- If you can spend a bit more, Divina Suites Hotel Singular is located in a XVII century historic building n the heart of Ciutadella and it is designed to give you the full Mediterranean experience. Have a look here>
The food in the best restaurant in Ciutadella
Their menu is full of fish carpaccios, every kind of seafood you can imagine, fish, paellas and some pretty great meats from the island too, if you are up for it!
They do no take bookings for the terrace, you will need to show up and queue. However we can guarantee that it is worth the wait!
And if you are too impatient, you can always get yourself a drink from the bar while you queue to help you cope with the Spanish summer heat!
After your wait, you will be rewarded with a table by the water, a dusty pink sunset and a meal you will remember for years to come.
Important information before visiting Cafe Balear, Menorca, the best restaurant in Ciutadella
- We recommend to go for dinner and queue for a table in the terrace. Avoid weekends if you want to reduce the waiting time.
- If you’d rather book you can do it to eat inside the restaurant. Check the restaurant’s web here.
- The local speciality is the lobster. If you are on a budget check before ordering as they charge you depending on the weight and can get quite expensive.
- We loved the carpaccio, clams, scallops. The steak from local beef was superb.
- Please check opening times before going as they might change depending if it is low or high season.
- You can check the menu here.
Save money on your trip to Spain to visit Cafe Balear, Menorca, the best restaurant in Ciutadella!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.