This wild volcanic island is one of the most impressive places in Spain. Landscapes from out of the world, amazing beaches and a very cool local vibe. Check out here the best things to do In Lanzarote and the places to visit you should not miss.
The best things to do in Lanzarote. Top 10 places to visit
- 1. Best things to do in Lanzarote: Timanfaya National Park
- 2. Mirador del Rio
- 3. Cueva de los Verdes
- 4. Places to visit in Lanzarote: Jameos del Agua
- 5. La Geria, the wine area
- 6. Places to visit in Lanzarote: The Green lake or Charco de los Clicos
- 7. Best things to do in Lanzarote: Papagayo and surrounding beaches
- 8. The local villages, one of the best things to do in Lanzarote
- 9. Places to visit in Lanzarote: Famara beach and village
- 10. Other things to do in Lanzarote
1. Best things to do in Lanzarote: Timanfaya National Park
A unique landscape made of lava and volcanoes and a must visit if you are in the island. The area is restricted and you can not drive around. The visit to the national park is in their own tour buses. You can not leave during the bus during the visit.
After the bus tour they show they demonstrate you how hot the ground and the area still is.
You can eat in El Diablo restaurant, where they cook the meat with the heat from the volcano.
Useful information for your visit to Timanfaya
- If you drive your own car there are normally big queues. We had to wait 1 hour. Best hours to avoid queuing are first thing in the morning when they open or Spanish lunch time around 2 pm.
- Ticket costs 12€ per adult and include the bus tour and demonstrations inside
2. Mirador del Rio
Designed by Cesar Manrique the place has the best vies of La Graciosa, a very peculiar island we recommend you to visit.
You have to pay 5€ to get in but if you want to avoid it you can just enjoy the view from the nearby area without entering the building.
Do you need accommodation in Lanzarote?
- If you want to stay in a local village to get a taste of the local life we stayed in a lovely family run boutique hotel with breakfast in Yaiza. Check it out here>
- If you would rather stay in a touristic area we also stayed in Costa Teguise in a lovely fully equipped new apartment with an epic swimming pool. Have a look here>
3. Cueva de los Verdes
A volcanic pipe formed 5000 years ago. The only way to see it is on a guided tour and it costs 10€.
4. Places to visit in Lanzarote: Jameos del Agua
A continuation of the Cueva de los Verdes volcanic tour. The place, design by Cesar Manrique has a natural lake with a unique specie, a white crab that is unique in the world.
The place has a restaurant, theater and a very scenic pool but you can not swim in it. Visit costs 10€.
5. La Geria, the wine area
La Geria is the wine area of Lanzarote, full of very peculiar vineyards and bodegas. The local specialty are white wines.
Some of the most famous bodegas are Bodega La Geria, Bodega Rubicón o Bodega El Grifo. You can do tasting and buy local products in all of them but we recommend you checking their websites in case they require bookings in advance.
6. Places to visit in Lanzarote: The Green lake or Charco de los Clicos
A very peculiar green lake in a black sand beach located in the crater of a, undersea volcano. The beach was closed but you can see the lake from above, there is a parking area and you have to take a 3 minute hike to get to the panoramic view.
7. Best things to do in Lanzarote: Papagayo and surrounding beaches
The best beaches of Lanzarote are located in the Ajache Natural Park. You have to pay 3 € to access with your car to the parking and, while the most famous beach is Papagayo there are different beaches around, all of them with white sand and crystal clear waters.
8. The local villages, one of the best things to do in Lanzarote
While driving around Lanzarote you will see few beautiful villages worth stopping for a coffee or a stroll around.
All of them featured white houses (In Lanzarote is the only color allowed) with either green, blue or brown accents and a relaxed local vibe.
Some of the most beautiful ones are Teguise and Yaiza.
9. Places to visit in Lanzarote: Famara beach and village
One of the most famous beaches of the island but also the most windy one. It is famous among surfers. The nearby village has a very young surfer vibe.
10. Other things to do in Lanzarote
Other famous things to do in Lanzarote include the Cactus Garden, Punta Mujeres ( A lovely sea village with natural swimming pools) or Los Charcones (Some very scenic natural pools).
Save money on your trip to check the best things to do in Lanzarote and the best places to viti!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.