If you happen to find yourself in town around Christmas do not miss our selection of the 6 best Christmas Markets in Madrid for a very seasonal experience!
The 6 best Christmas Markets in Madrid
1.Best Christmas Markets Madrid: Plaza Mayor
A Christmas classic. More than 100 stools await in the biggest pop up market in town. It begins around the end of November and stays until the end of December.
You will find Christmas decorations such as Nativity Scenes, very typical in Spain, ornaments and others. A must do if you are in the city around Christmas.
2. Plaza de San Juan Goytisolo and Plaza de Isabel II Markets
Much smaller pop up markets for your Christmas shopping. While we will not recommend getting out of your way to visit these ones, if you are around they are worth popping by to have a look.
3. Best Christmas Markets Madrid: Plaza de España
A must in you are in the city and love Christmas as you will not only find a market but also an ice ring.
Do you need accommodation in Madrid?
- If you need accommodation in Madrid this hotel near Atocha station is basic but with great reviews.
- If you are staying longer and you want more facilities, check these apartments, a bit further away from the station (30 min walk), but recently renovated and looking pretty epic!
4. Artisan Market in Paseo de los Recoletos between Colon and Cibeles, Madrid
While not a Christmas market, in this area of town during the month of December you will find a pretty cool Artisan Market with more than 150 different artists from all over Spain.
A great place if you are looking for unique Christmas presents, from toys to accessories, pottery and much more.
5. Madrid Rio, a Christmas Market in Madrid not to miss
The traditional Christmas market in Madrid Rio is set up behind Casa del Reloj next to Matadero. You will find around 20 food pop ups, typical Christmas product, crafts, a very epic Christmas tree and a carousel.
Great to buy some groceries and get some seasonal pictures!
6. Mercadillo del Gato
Located in Gran Via 13, is one of the very few indoors markets. It is a pop up that happens every now and then and they normally do a special edition for Christmas.
Their moto is to promote creative and sustainable businesses and, as a result, in every event you will find limited editions and unique clothes, accesories, art and much more.
Save money on your trip to enjoy the best Christmas Markets in Madrid!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.