The Spanish Mediterrean coast has a charm that you will not find anywhere else. If you are around and want to explore a bit further we bring you the best beaches near Alicante.
The 5 best beaches near Alicante for an epic summer
1. Cala Granadella, one of the best beaches near Alicante
Hidden among pines and greenery, you will never guess the forest you are passing through will end right by the beach. Cala Granadella is a hidden treasure near Javea with some of the most turquoise water in the Mediterran. You can read all about it in our post here>.
2. Tabarca Island, a unique place in Alicante
The first marine reservoir in Spain was this little Mediterranean island that you can reach by boat from Santa Pola, Torrevieja, Alicante, Guardamar and Benidorm.
While small, the island hosts a small village and some pretty epic beaches. Only 50 people live there, but population grows in summer.
3. Playa del Albir
If you are looking for a long stunning beach with all the services this is the beach for you. A long promenade, calm waters and a stunning view of the Peñon de Ifach.
The village is famous because a cinema festival is held in the summer, and they have their very own hall of fame with the winners of the festival.
4. The hike to one of the best beaches near Alicante is not easy, but it is worth it: Cala del Moraig
5. Playa del Portixol. One of the best and most instagrammed beach in Alicante
This lovely place is as close as you can get to a summer postcard. The turquoise waters, the greenery and the very peculiar fishermen houses right by the beach made it very popular for Spaniards and instagrammers from all over the worlds.
The beach is a mix of sand and pebbles and it get crazy busy in summer.
Save money on your trip to the best beaches near Alicante, Spain!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.