Some of the most beautiful beaches in the Canary Islands are in Lanzarote. Black sand volcanic beaches, white sand paradisiacal ones and turquoise waters all around. Discover the nicest and best beaches in Lanzarote.
The 5 best beaches in Lanzarote you can not miss if you visit the island
- 1. Papagayo beach, one of the best beaches and the most photographed of Lanzarote.
- 2. Playa Flamingo, perfect for families
- 3. Playa Francesa, the wildest beach and one of the best beaches of the Canaries
- 4. Playa de Famara, one of the nicest beaches in Lanzarote
- 5. Caleton Blanco, one of the most scenic and best beaches in Lanzarote
1. Papagayo beach, one of the best beaches and the most photographed of Lanzarote.
Located in the Ajaches National Park, it is the most famous beach and one of the nicest of the area. However, is not the only one worth visiting if you are around, Playa Mujeres and Playa de la Cera are also stunning.
2. Playa Flamingo, perfect for families
A great option if you want a white sand beach but close to all the services. This lovely beach is located in Playa Blanca and features sunbeds and umbrellas available to rent, a promenade with plenty of restaurants and calm and shallow waters.
Do you need accommodation in Lanzarote?
- If you want to stay in a local village to get a taste of the local life we stayed in a lovely family run boutique hotel with breakfast in Yaiza. Check it out here>
- If you would rather stay in a touristic area we also stayed in Costa Teguise in a lovely fully equipped new apartment with an epic swimming pool. Have a look here>
3. Playa Francesa, the wildest beach and one of the best beaches of the Canaries
You will need a boat to get to this wild paradise as it is located in the nearby island of La Graciosa.
Meters and meters of white sand beaches and turquoise water await is this semi deserted paradisiacal island.
To get there you will need to get a boat from Orzola and then either walk around 45 minutes from the port, rent a bike or book a ride in a local car. You are not allowed to take your own car as the island is protected.
While there are no services in the beach there is a small village by the port with restaurants and bars. You can purchase the boat ticket to La Graciosa below.
4. Playa de Famara, one of the nicest beaches in Lanzarote
A huge beach very famous among surfers and water sports lovers. The beach is very scenic as it is very long and framed by mountain.s
However, it tends to be one of the windiest too, so it is not the most comfortable. Nearby you have the Famara village, with a very cool young vibe.
5. Caleton Blanco, one of the most scenic and best beaches in Lanzarote
One of the wildest and most scenic beaches in Lanzarote. The white sand and the volcanic rocks create a beautiful landscape and a sort of natural swimming pool. It features quiet, not very shallow waters and to see it at its best it is much better to go in high tide.
Save money on your trip to the nicest and best beaches in Lanzarote!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.