Often overlooked, the Region of Murcia will surprise you with some of the most interesting beaches of Spain. We bring you the 5 best beaches in Murcia so you can make the most of the time in the region.
The 5 best beaches in Murcia for a perfect summer day
1. La Manga. A pretty unique beach in Murcia
One of the most unique places in Spain. La Manga is a strip of land that separates the Mediterranean sea from Mar Menor, a salt water lagoon unique in the world.
What makes the place really peculiar is that when you are in la Manga you can see both beaches one in each side.
2. Calblanque. The natural park with the best beaches in Murcia
The natural park of Calbanque has some of the most epic beaches the Region. The beaches are wild, with no services and with waters as clear as you can imagine.
You will find a big beach, where the parking is located, and some more smaller beaches you need to walk to. The area is restricted and parking is limited, however you can always park outside the natural park and just take the free bus.
We always stay in this hotel in Murcia, right by the city centre and with rooms starting at 47€ per night.
Bolnuevo is not just a beach but an area with few small and wild beaches, some of them nudists. While the area is lovely what makes Bolnuevo unique is the geological formations nearby called Ciudad Encantada.
4. Cocedores, is not in Murcia but is one of the best
In the border of Murcia with Almería you will find some of the most stunning beaches of the Region.
Cala Cerrada and La Carolina are the two more beautiful beaches around the border. La Carolina is bigger, open and located in between cliffs while Cala Cerrada is a smaller moon chapped beach very cosy and wild.
5. Calnegre. A wild area and one of the best beaches in Murcia
Calnegre is one of the wildest areas of Murcia and you will find a few interesting beaches in the area. Calnegre is the biggest and most visited, then you find Baño de Mujeres, with very quiet transparent waters, great to visit if it is windy as it is very protected.
- If you are traveling to Mar Menor and are not sure where to stay check out the main Mar Menor villages here>
- You can read everything we have written about Murcia here>
Save money on your trip to discover the best beaches in Murcia!
* This blog contains affiliate links. If you purchase or book something, we get a commission at no extra cost to you.